- Our Mission The Alabama Dietetic Association promotes the public’s health and well-being through evidence-based food and nutrition practices.
- Find a Dietitian Find a Registered Dietitian on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website by searching there map.
- ALDA Marketplace Members who have written cookbooks that are for sale on Amazon.com are invited to list them on The Academy's new Amazon "store".
- Career Center Employers may place a permanent or temporary job posting which will remain on the site for 30 days and can be extended if needed.
- FNCE 2015! Make plans to attend the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™, October 3-6 in Nashville.
On behalf of the Alabama Dietetic Association, welcome!
A Note from Laura Watson
Alabama Dietetic Association President
WOW!! What a wonderful weekend we had at Smith Lake for our strategic planning meeting. Over 25 of your ALDA leaders were present to listen, share ideas and get to know one another better in order to create the succinct, realistic and action oriented results we want to grow the membership, market the ALDA RDN and advocate for our profession.We used the results of the Member Survey (123 of you responded to) in directing our creative thoughts this weekend. The other highlight of the weekend was orienting the District Presidents and the Nominating Committee to the nomination process and responsibilities. Many thanks to all that made the weekend a success!
AND THE DISTRICT WINNING THE $500 FOR HAVING THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE OF RETURNED MEMBER SURVEYS WAS BIRMINGHAM!
The Alabama Dietetic Association is a state affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic which is the nation's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. Here you will find information for the Alabama Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians Registered that are committed to promoting optimal nutrition, health and well being.
The Alabama Dietetic Association (ALDA) is an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. The Academy's mission is to empower its members to be the nation's food and nutrition leaders. The Academy's vision is to optimize the nation's health through food and nutrition. Find out more about The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics by clicking here.
The mission of ALDA is to serve the public through the promotion of optimal nutrition, health, and well-being while advocating for the dietetic profession. The vision is that ALDA members will be recognized as the State's nutrition experts and our influence in improving the health of Alabamians will be valued.
August is Kids Eat Right Month!! Office of Women's Health Friday, August 7, 2015 Post Office Box 240757
Women's Health Update
8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
St. Vincent's Health System,
Bruno Conference Center.
Click here for details
Public Policy News
Montgomery, AL 36124
Phone: (334) 260-7970
Fax: (334) 272-7128
August is Kids Eat Right Month!!
Office of Women's Health
Friday, August 7, 2015
Post Office Box 240757