The Nutrition Education and Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA) Coordinator is a State WIC Office position that oversees the Nutrition Education plan, VENA activities, and revision of the Formula Reference and Nutrition Risk manuals.
• Full Time
• Location – Montgomery, AL
• Salary Range – $44,212.80 - $77,892.00*
*All State of Alabama job classifications will receive 4 additional steps to the maximum pay grade ceiling, effective July 1, 2022.
*All State of Alabama employees will receive a 4 percent cost of living allowance (COLA), effective October 1, 2022.
Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of professional nutrition experience OR M.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional nutrition experience (required)
• Registered Dietitian (required)
• Licensed in the state of Alabama, or eligible for licensure (required)
• Experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Microsoft Excel, etc. (required)
• WIC experience (preferred)
• Must be able to travel in and out of state to attend required meetings and conferences (required)
• Experience with managing multiple projects (required)
• Communicates with supervisor, state staff, district and clinic staff, participants agencies, and other individuals
• Assists with special projects including, but not limited to, the Formula Reference Manual and Nutrition Risk Criteria manuals
• Writes, reviews and revises nutrition education and supplemental foods policies and procedures
• Coordinates development, implementation and evaluation of state and district nutrition education plans
• Maintains resources and education materials for use by district and local clinic staff
• Provides training and technical assistance to local agency professional staff who provide nutrition education
• Coordinates WIC VENA activities
• Provides technical assistance on WIC policies and procedures to statewide WIC staff
• Assist with special projects and assignments to support the mission of Alabama’s WIC Program and/or the Department including but not limited to WIC approved foods list and staff evaluation tools
• Responds to emergency and disaster assignments when called to duty
• Go to https://www.personnel.alabama.gov/Jobs
• Enter “40667” in the “Filter by Job Title, Class, or Keyword” search box
• Click “apply online”
• Follow directions to set up an Online Employment System (OES) account, or login to an existing OES account
• Complete & submit online application
The Alabama Department of Public Health complies with the State and Federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, age, or disability.
The Alabama Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).