The University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences
Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being accepted for a Renewable Contract Faculty
Assistant Professor in Human Nutrition
Start date 8/15/2022
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a full-time assistant professor position in Human Nutrition. The Department is one of five in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The University of Alabama. We offer an undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition, a Coordinated Program in Dietetics, and a Didactic Program in Dietetics. Additionally, the Department offers a MS and PhD in Human Nutrition.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and service, and it is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. The University is a leader among public universities nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama. The University and the Department are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive learning and work environment for our students, faculty and staff.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a strong background, training, and expertise in human nutrition and food service management.
• PhD required.
• Registered Dietitian required.
• Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level nutrition courses.
• Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
Responsibilities: Teaching and service to articulate the mission of the University including:
• Teach courses as needed at the undergraduate and graduate level.
• Recruit, mentor, and advise students.
• Serve on Department, College, and University committees.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
• Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
• Applications must include the following:
o Cover letter including a diversity statement to further The University of Alabama’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
o Curriculum vitae
o Transcripts of graduate coursework
o Teaching philosophy (1 page)
o List of three professional references including their qualifications as the referrent
• For further information contact: Dr. Kristi Crowe-White firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution
that actively seeks diversity among its employees.