This position serves as the WIC provider at the Eastbrook WIC Training Clinic, serving more than 1,200 WIC participants, and provides training to statewide WIC providers and clerks receiving training at the Eastbrook Training Clinic. The position also provides WIC Coordinator oversight to private local agency located in Montgomery, Alabama.
• Full Time
• Location – Montgomery, AL
• Salary Range – $40,065.60 - $67,008.00*
* All State of Alabama job classifications will receive 4 additional steps to the maximum pay grade ceiling, effective July 1, 2022.
*All State of Alabama employees will receive a 4 percent cost of living allowance (COLA), effective October 1, 2022.
Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional nutrition experience OR M.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and one (1) year of professional nutrition experience (Required)
• Registered Dietitian (Required)
• Licensed in the state of Alabama, or eligible for licensure (Required)
• Experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Microsoft Excel, etc. (required)
• WIC Nutrition Services, preferably in a clinic setting, and Crossroads Management Information System experience (preferred)
• Communicates with supervisor, state staff, district and clinic staff, participants agencies, and other individuals/groups
• Monitors compliance to federal and state WIC Policies and Procedures using the WIC Coordinator’s Monitoring Checklist at the Eastbrook WIC Training Clinic and private local agencies in the Montgomery area
• Documents appropriate information according to WIC policy and procedure so that WIC requirements are met
• Provides nutrition education to participants based on complete nutrition assessment consistent with the WIC Program policies and procedures
• Assists with special projects including, but not limited to, revision of the Nutrition Risk Criteria Manual
• Assists with training for providers and clerical staff statewide
• Supervises, guides, and monitors Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and provides assistance as needed
• Responds to emergency and disaster assignments when called to duty
• Enter “40663” in the “Filter by Job Title, Class, or Keyword” search box
• Click “apply online”
• Follow directions to set up an Online Employment System (OES) account, or login to an existing OES account
• Complete & submit online application
The Alabama Department of Public Health complies with the State and Federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, age, or disability.
The Alabama Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).