The WIC Training Clinic Administrator is a key leadership position responsible for the coordination of a comprehensive, competency-based statewide training program for new and existing WIC staff as well as overseeing the administration of the Eastbrook WIC Training Clinic, located in Montgomery, AL, which provides services to over 1,200 WIC participants.
• Full Time
• Location – Montgomery, AL
• Salary Range – $44,212.80 - $77,892.00*
*All State of Alabama job classifications will receive 4 additional steps to the maximum pay grade ceiling, effective July 1, 2022.
*All State of Alabama employees will receive a 4 percent cost of living allowance (COLA), effective October 1, 2022.
Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of professional nutrition experience OR M.S. degree in Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or Community Nutrition from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of professional nutrition experience (required)
• Registered Dietitian (required)
• Licensed in the state of Alabama, or eligible for licensure (required)
• Experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Microsoft Excel, etc. (required)
• Experience with WIC Nutrition Services, preferably in a clinic setting, and the Crossroads Management Information System (strongly preferred)
• Must be able to travel in and out of state to attend required meetings and conferences (required)
• Experience coordinating training, managing logistics of scheduling, and Alabama Department of Public Health personnel management policies (preferred)
• Administers the operation of the WIC Training Clinic including but not limited to updating the lease
• Communicates with supervisor, state staff, district and clinic staff, participants, agencies, and other individuals
• Supervises three (3) employees and provides administrative guidance in a clear, concise manner
• Coordinates a comprehensive competency-based training program for WIC staff
• Assists with special projects including but not limited to the revision of the Nutrition Risk Criteria Manual and coordinating the editing and distribution of the Alabama WIC Procedure Manual
• Assists Alabama’s WIC Program with updating applicable training documents
• Assist with special projects and assignments to support the mission of Alabama’s WIC Program and/or the Department
• Responds to emergency and disaster assignments when called to duty
• Enter “40667” in the “Filter by Job Title, Class, or Keyword” search box
• Click “apply online”
• Follow directions to set up an Online Employment System (OES) account, or login to an existing OES account
• Complete & submit online application
The Alabama Department of Public Health complies with the State and Federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, age, or disability.
The Alabama Department of Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).