Alabama Dietetic Association members will be recognized as the State's nutrition experts; and our influence in improving the health of Alabamians will be valued.
The mission of ALDA is to serve the public through the promotion of optimal nutrition, health, and well-being while advocating for the dietetic profession.
1. Registered Dietitians in Alabama will recognize membership in the Alabama Dietetic Association as an affiliate of the American Dietetic Association as valuable to their career growth.
- a. Establish value to the public through effective programs, services and initiatives offered by Registered Dietitians
- b. Take proactive positions based on the evidence
- c. Provide professional development opportunities for career success
- d. Assure competence through education, accreditation and certification
- e. Assess current procedures, methods of communication and professional development opportunities to recruit and retain members and ensure meaningful membership
- f. Recruit members with five to seven years of practice or less to facilitate social gatherings and increase awareness of leadership opportunities at the district and state levels
2. ALDA will promote members throughout the state as the nutrition experts and as influences on positive changes in health trends among the state's population.
- a. Provide opportunities for members to participate in legislative and regulatory processes at local, state and federal levels.
- b. Inform the public about means of improving health with evidence-based recommendations from the RD
- c. Utilize a culturally diverse membership to educate the public on health disparities impacting the state
- d. Dedicate human and financial resources to promote the RD to key state stakeholders and the public and assess and modify tactics as warranted for interacting with public officials
3. ALDA will be financially sound, making the association able to support the ADAF, scholarships within the state and recommended training, meetings and CEU opportunities.
- a. Monitor earnings of the investments and make recommendations to the ALDA board annually
- b. Establish an Alabama Dietetic Association Foundation
- c. Establish an operating budget for the annual state meeting